mystery german preamp module, help?

Das Labor ist der richtige Ort um spezielle Projekte inkl. Fehlersuche zu diskutieren.

Moderatoren: TVPstudio, kubi

Antworten
mitsos

mystery german preamp module, help?

Beitrag von mitsos »

Hi, I've got a mystery module that a friend asked me to fix for him. I talked to jensenmann from gdiy and he recommended I post here. It's a weird/cool looking preamp module, it's already been racked by someone, don't know who. Not really racked actually, more like a lunchbox size case with two modules and PSU.

Anyway, they look like relatives of the modules in this GS thread:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much- ... dules.html

Bild

Bild

Bild

On the inside of the side lid, there are some pencil markings of what the knobs correspond to: top to bottom: Input, treble, bass, panorama, output.

The module has no other markings, other than 271.077 on the bottom of the PCB.

Sorry for the bad pics, all I have right now is my laptop camera!

thanks in advance.

mch

Beitrag von mch »

Hmmm, difficult...

They were definitely built to be integrated into a german broadcast console, but probably only in very small quantities.
All older modules had their lettering printed on the front panel before anodising, which makes it almost undeletable.
Your modules do not have any lettering so I assume the builder did not have panels made for them.

The precisely made sub chassis for the pots and the very.. ...straightforward mounted LED and switches do not fit together.
So I would assume a small series/prototype model, perhaps from the company mentioned in the GDIY thread.

The light grey thing in the lower right corner, is it a transformer?

Cheers,
Michael

gyraf
Beitrag von gyraf »

Color correction unit from early television mixer?

Jakob E.

mitsos

Beitrag von mitsos »

gyraf hat geschrieben:Color correction unit from early television mixer?

Jakob E.
I hope not! :shock:

Well, yes MCH, the toggle switches/LED don't look like the were well planned. I don't know who put those in at all. I got this in a box with PSU and all, but it doesn't work (well).

There is a little beyer trafo in the corner. The inside of the metal side cover was covered in masking tape and had some inscriptions, like gain, bass, treble, and I don't remember the rest. (I can check this stuff tomorrow).

Anyway, one channel briefly worked, but it crapped out real soon. I haven't had time to trace this, that's why it's still sitting on the shelf. It does look cool, and I'll eventually get it to work, I just wish I could find a schemo so I could save some time.

thanks for the info, if anyone else has anything let me know please.

cheers!

Antworten